Short-term Rehabilitation Services
Short stay care bridges the gap between hospital and home.
Our short-term rehabilitation services meet the needs of individuals who need skilled nursing care or therapies for a short term before returning home.
Most important, though, is peace of mind for our residents and their loved ones that they are safe and receiving the care they need until they are healthy enough to return home.
You will find a culture that is much different than most medical care or nursing communities. We're less like a hospital and more like a home while receiving nursing care and therapy as prescribed. Therapy options are available seven days a week.
Comprehensive services are provided by a team which includes the physician, social workers, nurses, therapists, dining services, and Life Enrichment staff. Nurses and therapists work together to maximize each resident’s independence through therapy services and prescribed medications as needed for their recovery.
Skilled nursing care includes wound care and IV medications as well as therapies such as speech, occupational, respiratory and physical. Short term skilled nursing care is designed to return an individual to a level of independence so that he or she can return to their own home. Therefore, the nursing staff works closely with rehab, dining services, and the medical director to implement a plan of care that maximizes the individual's abilities and minimizes required length of stay.
- Furnished, private rooms with a television and telephone
- RN supervision
- Additional LPN and CNA staffing
- Laundry and linen services
- Satellite therapy services
- Computer kiosk
- Dining, laundry, housekeeping, and transportation make a resident’s life a little easier.
- Residents have access to a variety of activities and events through Life Enrichment, support through our fitness center and access to spiritual services.
- Residents receive three prepared meals daily.
- Medicare and Medicare programs are the primary payer sources for short-term rehabilitation services.
For information about the daily fees associated with the services and accommodations or if you are anticipating surgery that will require rehabilitation, we encourage you to call 724-588-7610 today and pre-plan your short stay care at St. Paul’s.