Personal Care and Independent Living in The Ridgewood
Take a Virtual Tour of The Ridgewood
The Ridgewood is an exciting, vibrant community combining the freedom of independent living with as-needed supportive personal care services. This flexibility makes The Ridgewood a desirable community for aging-in-place. Residents are able to stay in their apartments and add services as their needs change.
The Ridgewood offers independent living with enhanced services, personal care services and respite care.
Independent living with enhanced services includes dining and housekeeping as well as opportunities for social, recreational and spiritual gatherings.
Personal care services include enhanced services plus assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, bathing/showering, incontinence, mobility and medication assistance. Residents needing personal care services have access to experienced personal care attendants, nurses, and other health care workers.
Respite care and accommodations are available for an individual whose caregiver is away from home or needs temporary care. Respite services include a furnished apartment and all personal care services
The residence is one-story, making it convenient for residents to enjoy common gathering areas. These areas include a beautiful dining room, a fireside lounge, Harmony Hall social room and a variety of outdoor spaces.
Residents can also enjoy a very active social environment at The Ridgewood by participating in a wide variety of social, recreational and spiritual programs. Cooking, games, exercise classes and special meals are among the regularly held activities. Regular trips to many community events and area businesses for shopping and banking are also planned.
Three Apartment Types
- Standard One-Bedroom Apartment — 340 sqft
- Standard One-Bedroom Apartment — 351 sqft
- Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment — 417 sqft
- Dining, housekeeping and maintenance services
- Select transportation
- A variety of special events and activities
- Social room with a full kitchen for family gatherings
- Bible studies and Sunday services
- Specialized computer equipment with access to the internet and email
- Private apartments feature a living room, bedroom, and a full bathroom with a shower
- Kitchenette with a refrigerator and microwave
- Wall-to-wall carpeting in the living room and bedroom
- Window blinds
- Heating and air conditioning individually controlled
- Individual emergency call system
- Whirlpool spa
- Beautiful outdoor spaces with walkways, a pond, a patio and a courtyard
- A variety of social, recreational, and spiritual opportunities are also available as well as opportunities to pursue personal interests.
- Personal care services are private pay and can sometimes be covered under long term care policies.
- Veteran’s benefits also cover some costs for individuals who qualify.
For more information or to schedule a tour, we welcome you to give us a call at 724-588-7610.