Short-term Rehabilitation Services in The Meadows
Short stay care bridges the gap between hospital and home.
The Meadows is a neighborhood in The Villas dedicated to short stay care. The Meadows meets the needs of individuals who need skilled nursing care or therapies for a short term before returning home.
Most important, though, is peace of mind for our residents and their loved ones that they are safe and receiving the care they need until they are healthy enough to return home.
In our short stay neighborhood, you will find a culture that is much different than most medical care or nursing communities. We're less like a hospital and more like a home while receiving nursing care and therapy as prescribed. Therapy options are available seven days a week.
Comprehensive services are provided by a team which includes the physician, social workers, nurses, therapists, dining services, and Life Enrichment staff. Nurses and therapists work together to maximize each resident’s independence through therapy services and prescribed medications as needed for their recovery.
Skilled nursing care includes wound care and IV medications as well as therapies such as speech, occupational, respiratory and physical. Short term skilled nursing care is designed to return an individual to a level of independence so that he or she can return to their own home. Therefore, the nursing staff works closely with rehab, dining services, and the medical director to implement a plan of care that maximizes the individual's abilities and minimizes required length of stay.
All rooms offered in The Meadows are private, furnished, and include a television with cable service and a telephone.
- Private rooms
- RN supervision
- Additional LPN and CNA staffing
- Furnishings including a twin bed, dresser, night stand and recliner
- Flat screen television
- Phone with unlimited local and long distance calling
- Enhanced dining services
- Laundry and linen services
- Satellite therapy services
- Computer kiosk
- Dining, laundry, housekeeping, and transportation make a resident’s life a little easier.
- Residents have access to a variety of activities and events through Life Enrichment, support through our fitness center and access to spiritual services.
- Residents receive three prepared meals daily.
- Medicare and Medicare programs are the primary payer sources for the short stay neighborhood.
For information about the daily fees associated with the services and accommodations in The Meadows or if you are anticipating surgery that will require rehabilitation, we encourage you to call 724-588-7610 today and pre-plan your short stay care at St. Paul’s.