Certified Nurse AidesFacebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
- $3.00 Afternoon Shift differential
- $1.25 Midnight Shift differential
- $2.00 per hour holiday differential
- $2.00 per hour weekend differential
- STAR attendance bonus
- Referral bonus
- Competitive sign-on bonus
Assists residents with activities of daily living providing nursing care and related services as is necessary to meet the personal needs and comfort of the residents, and assist in maintenance of a safe, clean environment under the direction of a licensed nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide for personal hygiene care which may include; complete or partial bath, back care, oral hygiene, combing hair, shaving, toileting, dressing resident, changing bed linen and other general care as is necessary.
- Transports residents using wheelchairs, mechanical lifts or assists residents walking.
- Performs routine treatment procedures.
- Takes and/or records vital signs
- Documentation in electronic medical records
- Assists with meals
- Promptly answers resident call bells, anticipates resident needs and makes rounds to assigned residents.
- Assists residents with handling and care of clothing and other personal property
- Transports resident
- Walks with residents as needed
- Regularly provides for residents activities and comfort according to residents tolerance levels
- Participates in and contributes to resident care plans.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with residents assuring confidentiality of resident information.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities
- May be required to work rotating shifts on all floors.
- May accompany resident on appointments outside of St. Paul’s.
Works in a clean, well heated, well lighted and well ventilated building. Prolonged standing and walking. Repeated bending, squatting, stooping, exposure to all resident elements including infection, odors and to peculiarities in behavior and reactions of the elderly, assists with emergencies and in restraining violent or combative residents.
High School graduate preferred. Completion of state approved Nurse Aide training course and must be deemed competent to be placed on the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide registry within four months from date of hire. Previous experience in hospital or nursing home preferred. Sense of responsibility, moral integrity, and common sense. Sincere desire to work with elderly. Patience and compassion essential. Pleasant, cheerful, tactful, courteous when handling residents and/or families. Ability to cooperate with other personnel. Ability to treat resident information confidential. This is a very active position requiring constant standing and walking, often in a dynamic manner. Must be able to lift, turn and reposition residents both alone and with assistance with and without the use of mechanical devices.
Assists with training of newly hired nurse aides.
Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Assistant Director of Nursing, RN Staff Educator and Director of Nursing following established procedures.
Complete Nurse Aide Job Description
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions by St. Paul’s will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. St. Paul’s is committed to the policy that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information and testing, medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, veteran status or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. This application will be given every consideration; however its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed.
Fill out the online application below or download a PDF.
Fields marked with are required.